Thursday, June 14, 2012
Wondering what's running through your interviewer's mind? Here are 10 things your interviewer might be thinking--but probably won't tell you:
1. You showed up too early. Many interviewers are annoyed when candidates show up more than five or 10 minutes early, since they may feel obligated to interrupt what they're doing and go out to greet the person. Some feel guilty leaving someone sitting in their reception area that long. Aim to walk in five minutes early, but no more than that.
2. We're judging how you're dressed and groomed. In most industries, a professional appearance still matters. You don't need to wear expensive clothes, but showing up in a casual outfit or clothes that don't fit properly, having unkempt hair, or inappropriately flashy makeup can harm your chances.
3. We don't want you to try to sell us. It's a turn-off when a candidate seems overly focused on closing the deal, rather than on figuring out if the job is the right fit. No hiring manager wants to think she's being aggressively sold; we want the best person for the job, not the pushiest spiel.
4. Little things count. Candidates often act as if only "official" contacts, like interviews and formal writing samples, count, but hiring managers are watching everything, including things like how quickly you respond to requests for writing samples and references, whether your email confirming the time of the interview is sloppily written, and how you treat the receptionist.
5. We might act like we don't mind you bad mouthing a former employer, but we do. We'll let you talk on once you start, but internally we're noting that you're willing to trash-talk people who have employed you in the past and are wondering if you'll do that to us too. What's more, we're wondering about the other side of the story--whether you're hard to get along with, or a troublemaker, or impossible to please.
6. You might be talking too much. Your answers to your interviewer's questions should be direct and to-the-point. Rambling and unnecessary tangents raise doubts about your ability to organize your thoughts and convey needed information quickly. If you're tempted to go on longer than two minutes, instead ask, "Does that give you what you're looking for, or would you like me to go more in depth about this?" If the interviewer wants more, she'll say so.
7. Fit really, really matters, so we think a lot about your personality. You might have all the qualifications an employer is looking for, but still not get hired because your working style would clash with the people with whom you'd be working. Remember, it's not just a question of whether you have the skills to do the job; it's also a question of fit for this particular position, with this particular boss, in this particular culture, and in this particular company.
8. We want you to talk about salary first for the exact reason you fear. Salary conversations are nerve-wracking for job seekers because they know that they risk low-balling themselves by naming a number first. And that's exactly why interviewers push candidates to throw out a number first. In an ideal world, employers would simply let candidates know the range they intend to pay, but in reality, plenty take advantage of the power disparity by making candidates talk about money first.
9. We're going to ask other people what they think of you. We're going to ask anyone who came in contact with you for their impressions--from the receptionist to the guy who you met for two minutes in the hallway.
10. We like thank-you notes, but not for the reason you think. Post-interview thank-you notes aren't just about thanking the interviewer for her time; the ones that are done well build on the conversation and reiterate your enthusiasm for the job.
Pepe akishangilia baada ya kuipatia Ureno kamba ya kwanza
Ureno imeiadhibu Denmark 3-2 katika mtanange wa kundi B katika michuano ya Euro 2012.
Ushindi wa Ureno wa 3-2 dhidi ya Denmark katika michuano wa Euro 2012 unaweka matumaini ya nchi hiyo kuendelea hadi robo fainali.
Bao lililonusuru matumaini hayo lilitiwa kimyani na Silvestre Varela aliyeletwa kipindi cha pili aliyefunga bao na kufuta bao la Nicklas Bendtner la kusawazisha mapema katika kipindi cha pili.
Varela alieingia kipindi cha pili akishangilia goli la tatu na la ushindi la Ureno baada ya kutupia kambani.
Ureno iliongoza kupitia kipindi cha kwanza kupitia wachezaji wasiotarajiwa ambapo beki Pepe na Helder Postiga waliipatia Ureno mabao ya kuwapa matumaini ya kupiga hatua.
Lakini kukosa fursa kadhaa kwa nyota wao Cristiano Ronaldo kulitishia kuiangusha Ureno na kurejea nyumbani mapema.
Christia Ronaldo akijaribu kumhadaa mlinzi wa Denmark lakini alikosa mabao lukuki katika mechi hiyo
Ushindi huu unaiweka Ureno sambamba na Denmark kwa pointi kutokana na ushindi wa Denmark dhidi ya Uholanzi katika mechi ya ufunguzi kwa pande hizo mbili.
Katika mchezo wa pili siku ya Jumatano, Mario Gomez wa Ujerumani aliwafunza wachezaji wa Uholanzi namna ya kufunga mabao, walipoondoka na ushindi wa magoli 2-1.
Gomez (23) akitupia kambani goli la kwanza la Ujerumani
Hapa hapatoshi!!! Robben akijaribu kufanya udambwidambwi katika mtanange huo
Mshambulizi huyo wa Bayern Munich kwa upesi aliweza kugeuka alipopokea mpira kutoka kwa Bastian Schweinsteiger na kuandikisha bao la kwanza la Ujerumani katika dakika ya 24, na baadaye kuongezea la pili katika dakika ya 38, katika kuhakikisha Uholanzi itaondoka katika michuano ya Euro 2012 mapema.
Robin Van Persie na Van Der Vaart wakishangilia goli la kufutia machozi lililotupiwa kambani na Van Persie
Robin van Persie, ambaye alishindwa kuitumia nafasi nzuri iliyojitokeza na kuiwezesha Uholanzi kuongoza kufunga, hatimaye aliwafungia bao la kujituliza, lakini timu yake ikashindwa kufunga magoli zaidi.
DENMARK 2-3 URENO
UJERUMANI 2-1 UHOLANZI
Kocha alielamba dume Chelsea Roberto Di Matteo
Chelsea hatimaye imemteua Roberto Di Matteo kama meneja wake wa kudumu kwa kutiliana saini mkataba wa miaka miwili na sasa Di Matteo ana uhakika na umatemate kama kocha mkuu kwa nyundo mbili.
Di Matteo aliwekwa kama kocha wa mda kufuatia kutimuliwa kwa Andre Villas-Boas mnamo mwezi Machi, na akaweza kuiongoza klabu hio akifanikiwa kuifikisha na kushinda fainali ya Ligi ya Mabingwa wa Ulaya na vilevile kombe la FA la England.
Di Matteo kulia akiteta jambo na kocha alietimuliwa Andre Villa Boas, ambae sasa Di Matteo ndie amerithi Mikoba yake.
Meneja huyo aliyekua kiongozi wa MK Dons na pia West Brom, Di Matteo alipoteza mechi tatu tu kati ya mechi 21 alizosimamia, na kutokana na hali hiyo wachezaji wengi wa klabu waliunga mkono ateuliwe kama meneja wa kudumu hususan baada ya kushinda kombe lililoikwepa klabu hio kwa mda mrefu la Mabingwa wa Ulaya.
Di Matteo akiwa ameshikilia ndoo ya Ubingwa wa Ulaya alipoiwezesha Chelsea kulinyakua hivi karibuni baada ya ukata wa kombe hilo kwa muda mrefu na kumhakikishia Di Matteo kuwa na uhakika wa umatemate kwa miaka miwili kama kocha mkuu
Cherekochereko asie na mwana aeleke jiwe Di Matteo juujuu baada ya kutwaa kombe la mabingwa wa Ulaya